The “Double Tap,” World’s Smallest .45 Caliber Pistol
Pocket sized guns have come a long way since the petite Derringer. The newest innovation being Heizer Defense’s offering labeled the “Double Tap.” Officially the world’s smallest .45 ACP pistol, the Double Tap is constructed of 100% machined metal. Take that, Hi-Point! The pistol comes in either titanium, or aluminum in both .45 ACP and 9mm depending on your preference. While diminutive in size, Heizer promises the feel of a 1911 in a smaller package.
- Titanium frame with a military standard finish that resists corrosion
- Two rounds in the chamber and another two rounds stowed away in the grip
- Ported or non ported barrels
- Hammerless design to prevent snagging
- Ambidextrous thumb latch to eject rounds via break action
- 7 patents including the double action trigger system
- Interchangeable barrels
- Visible rounds in the chamber
Let’s not forget the shameless plug Heizer has pulled with the texture of the grip using tiny HD’s. I see what you did there. The design is admittedly butt ugly but at least the grip size is decent sized enough to allow for somewhat of a comfortable grip. The ported barrel to prevent muzzle rise and help deal with recoil is a nice touch, but given the miniscule size I’m fairly certain someone is going to sweep his/her finger across the ports while firing and blow a piece of their digits off without the proper training. The price varies between $500 and $800 and in more restricted markets that price is bound to jump up a hundred or so.
Check for dealers in your area at: Heizer Defense